Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cuba es....






Wow....................................................................
That's all I can say. Cuba was............the most life affecting trip that I've ever been on. It was was like being bombarded with images, feelings and experiences all at the same time. It's a country that physically exists in one place, but seems to figuratively exist at many different times and spaces all at once. The architecture is AMAZING.......50's buildings, Necropolis de Colon - a literal city of the dead - statuary beyond belief.....the history, the literature, the art, the music...and I was only in Havana!!! That's not even 20% of the island. For all of that though, I have to say.....the most amazing thing about Cuba....is it's people. Seriously, I have never met people anywhere who are as warm, giving, resourceful, and genuine.....and I could go on. If you go to Cuba (and I highly recommend it), got to meet the people - everything else is secondary - walk among them, talk with them......and you will be.........well, I'll let you find out for yourself. Just go. Lastly, thanx to the fellow travellers whom i met - you enhanced it for me. (From left, that's me on the right, in the Che picture) Grant and Daniel, I hope Trinidad and Santiago were awesome experiences and that the cigars were as good as advertised. Blanca, Elena, Monica, and Dominica; sorry we missed those drinks, but I hope Veradero was as great as the rest of the trip, have a safe trip back to Spain and stay sexy! Stay tuned for my next post, I'm back baby! Ciao. Scott.

2 Comments:

Blogger Khamees said...

nice to hear this,as at the end of this month i'm flying there,will stay for almost 50 days.
hope my experience there will be as good as yours.
regards

10:51 AM  
Blogger Andrew Scheglov said...

holy shit, youre alive - and Cuba - thats awesome! Post more!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home